Monday 11 April 2022

Spiral Dye stamp.


This is a bit different for me,  for one it's yellow and orange... two colours I rarely use.  and secondly it's not really my style.  I had no intention of buying this stamp, it did nothing for me in the catalogue, but then I watched a video by Sarah Douglas (CEO of Stampin' Up! )  Well, I ended up buying it on the strength of her video. It's a funny stamp to use.  You ink up the stamp and stamp it , then you turn the card 180 degrees, place it back in the exact same position and stamp again  in a different colour.  


I had quite a few goes with this stamp experimenting with different colour combinations.
For the first card I used Summer sun and Peekaboo ink pads.
 For the second card the combo I chose was Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery.


 For my third card I used Fresh Freesia  and Soft Sky ink pads. 

I experimented with darker colours too but I wasn't to happy with the results. Too dark and sombre  for a card to brighten somebody's day in my opinion. I think the lighter colours look best.

No comments: