Sunday 12 September 2021

Sewing themed card


For this card I dug out a couple of old  retired stamp sets.  Sew suite and pattern pieces. I had intended to use  the Pattern pieces stamp on the front as a background but it looked way too busy so I used it  inside instead.
I stamped, coloured  and fussy cut all the cotton reels and tape measures before sticking them to the polka dot card. As always I used Copic markers to do the colouring.
  I sewed four small buttons onto the button card and added a sentiment. With hind sight I would have stamped the sentiment directly onto the button card before sewing on the buttons.
 As I had sewn the buttons on, it was awfully difficult to get the stamp between the buttons.
The lace trim  was made with Martha Stewarts Doily punch and edged the lace with ribbon and pearls. 




 

No comments: