Wednesday 20 January 2021

A mish mash of makes.


Not a very exciting collection of makes today, I think I  have the crafters equivalent of writers block.
 The best way I have found to combat that problem is to make a few boring ones and hope something will eventually click and I 'll come up with something half decent.
I have owned this dog stamp for  many years. It was one of the first stamps I bought when I first started card making. I was never happy with the products available for colouring in those days, so this stamp got stored away  for about 20 years.  This week I sorted through that drawer of stamps and decided to try him out with some DSP.
Over the years I have collected a tonne of patterned paper that needs using  so I thought I'd start making cards with more pretty papers in them.
Rather than die cut the image and stick it  on the background paper, I cut a circle in the DSP and adhered the image behind the aperture.  I added a layer of red card before gluing it onto the 81/4 x 4inch white base card.


The image on the DL size card is from LOTV .   I cut two oval apertures in the background paper and adhered the image and sentiment behind the apertures. 


I cut a square aperture in this 5x5inch sheet of DSP and again,  glued the image behind the aperture. I felt the image needed an extra frame, but as I had already glued the DSP to the image, the only way I was going to get a black frame around the image was to use black peel off strips. which is exactly what I did. I added a layer of black underneath before sticking it to a  6x6 inch white base card.
This image is from a new stamp set from stampin' up and is called Treasures of life. I have to say this is not my favourite stamp in the set.


Last card for this post. This is another LOTV  digital image called big parcel. This is a 7x5 inch card so this is quite a large image. I prefer LOTV images in a smaller format, but I printed out a load of images at the wrong size and it seemed a shame to discard them.

No comments: