Thursday 10 October 2024

Post Box Christmas cards


I have been doing a little reorganizing in my craft room  and I came across the post box stamp in these cards, It was one of the first stamps I ever bought. I was never happy with colouring mediums at the time. There were none of the quality colouring products that are available today. So I was always disappointed with the results.

 So this stamp got packed away along with  the rest of my meagre collection. That was when I decided stamping wasn't for me. 

Since then, stamps and the products used with them have come a long way, making the whole experience a lot easier and more pleasurable. 

So upon reacquainting myself with this lovely stamp, I decided to try creating a scene around the post box using Lavinia stamps.


After blending in the horizon and the sky, I stamped the postbox , masked it off and began building up the scene.  

Using the edge of a piece of torn paper and a small blending brush with next to no ink on, I brushed in a few snow drifts.


 Then stamped in the background trees and foliage in the foreground.





I used copic markers to colour the post box and white Posca pen to add snow to the branches and create  snowflakes.

This was the finished card . I enjoyed creating this card so much I decided to make a few more and tried to vary the background, by either using different tree stamps or drawing in the  trees myself.


On this card I decided to draw in the background trees with copic markers.

I stamped a fence in but didn't line it up too well.

On the card below I added a rabbit and missed out a few trees.


Most of the stamps I used to create these scenes are from Lavinia's mini stamp collection.

The sentiments are from an S.U set called itty bitty Christmas.

The size of these cards are 4 x 8 1/2 inches.





No comments: