Tuesday 18 August 2020

Pampered Pets..the cat




As soon as I saw the Pampered Pets stamp set, dies and dsp  I knew I just had to have them. I hadn't a clue what I was going to do with them or what sort of cards I would make with them. I have to say I haven't  worked a stamp set so hard since Cambridge Carols came out a couple of years ago.To make the card above. Using  my pc  I printed off the sentiment  and cut the card down to 3  3/4  of an inch by 5 1/2 inches.  I cut a piece of dsp and adhered it to the lower portion  and  added  an  1/8th of an inch strip of red card to finish the background.  I then stuck the background onto the red card base. I stamped, coloured and die cut the cat and stuck him on the card with foam  pads.  As a finishing touch, I  added a  small bow to the cats neck.


I decided not to use dsp on the next card , I  stamped a leafy border twice for a little extra interest, although most of the borders are covered by the cats panel.
If you are not familiar with the Pampered Pets stamp set,  I have to say that to create this image, I had to do  some mirror stamping to reverse the image as the cat stamp is a single image.  

To mirror stamp you need a silicone mat and a stamping platform.  You stamp the image onto the silicone mat , carefully place the  card on top of  the stamped image and close  the platform  and press gently. It's advisable to let the card stock sit for about 15  seconds to give the card enough time to soak up the ink


 I stamped off quite a few cats to colour and experiment with, while watching TV.  The tabby cat came out better than I expected.  I used Copic markers to colour all the cats.  


I used the DSP on this 6x6 card for some extra colour and interest.
I have to say,  I am not so keen on the DSP for cats

No comments: