Wednesday 26 August 2020

Celebrate sunflowers stamp set


This is cheerful  little  6 x 4 inch card was inspired by a  Sarah Hardy tutorial. I loved Sarah's card  so much I just had to C.A.S.E  it.  It's not an exact copy of Sarah's, partly because I cased it 3 weeks after viewing her video. So I made what I thought I remembered from her video.
One thing I did change deliberately is the base card. I chose to use a white one instead of navy.    99 percent of my cards start with a white base card because the white card I use  is heavier than the coloured card  I buy from S.U. and I do like a robust card. It also means I don't have to put a white insert in  which saved me time and card.  I also missed out a layer of card a under the DSP.
 The  corner fold is deeper on my card,  because I used the diagonal plate on my score board  instead of using Sarah's measurements.



Because I changed the colour of the base card I had to reverse the colours on the inside.

Having completed the 6 x 4 card I wanted to know if it would work if it was sized up to  7 x 5 inches and  using the same DSP.
  The white borders had to be a little broader and I had to add a layer of Navy card to take up some of the white border as the DSP  measures only 6 x6 inches.
I coloured the sun flowers with Copic markers which results in the ink bleeds through the card.  Not a nice look... That  meant I had to  stick a second layer of card on the back of the sun flower and leaves before assembling the card parts.


No comments: