Monday 29 October 2018

Cambridge Carols, Christmas card.


This stamp is also in the set "Cambridge Carols".  I wasn't sure about ordering this set from the Autumn /Winter Catalogue.  I was put off  by the coloured sample card in the catalogue featuring this stamp.  I don't think the sample card does this stamp justice. 
 Maybe it's just me but I personally didn't like the sample card and thought , if the professionals can't make it look good, what chance  have I got.
Then I started to think, .....if I didn't order it, I would  probably regret not ordering later, especially if I saw another demo doing amazing  things with it.


So I bit the bullet and ordered it.
I have to say,  I didn't find this image easy to colour, and I had to have a practice session to decide on what colours to use.
 I also needed a bright lamp with a strong magnifying glass in the middle to make the detail  big enough for me to see.  Lucky for me I have one, it was the perfect gift  for me from hubby.

I used Copic markers to colour this image and found keeping within the lines of the branches was very difficult, as the branches are very fine and although I could keep the tip within the lines most of the time,  what I couldn't control  how much ink the paper soaked up, so I ended up with thicker fuzzy branches than I wanted.. 
 However the fine end of the stamp and write markers are perfect for these skinny branches.

No comments: