Sunday 10 January 2021

To kick start my mojo


                              
I haven't posted anything for a few weeks due to me misplacing my mojo over the Christmas period.       I really haven't felt like crafting for a few weeks now.  Today I forced myself into my craft room to try  and make a couple of simple cards with the hope that somewhere along the way, I would find some inspiration.  I have used this LOTV digital stamp above on a couple of smaller cards. This time I enlarged the image to make this   7 x 7 inch card.  I mounted the image onto a piece of navy card before adhering the panel to the polka dot background and base card. The sentiment comes from the S.U set,  Sorry for Everything. I think this would be a great card to thank medical staff as well as a  great get well card.

My second make is another LOTV digital stamp and the card measures 5 x 5 inches.    LOTV had a 50% off  weekend and I couldn't resist buying this image (along with a dozen more). This time I die cut a stitched frame using two square dies and glued the frame over the top of my coloured image and then adhered the framed image onto a white base card. I added a small bow  for some extra interest.

 
My third make is using another digital stamp from LOTV.  This time  I cut an oval aperture  in apiece of red card  to frame the image. Then cut a larger oval aperture in a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card front.

My fourth make is yet another LOTV image. This one was made in the same way as the one above, but I reversed the colours of the aperture layers just to change things up a bit. 
All the images were coloured with Copic markers. 
You may notice that I haven't put sentiments on all of today's makes. This is because I like to decide on a sentiment once I know who the card is for and what the occasion  is.

These quick and simple cards  have kick started my mojo and I am ready to start crafting and posting again.

No comments: