Monday 21 December 2020

sturdy round gift box


These gift boxes are surprisingly easy to make.  I got the idea and instructions from Youtube. Unfortunately I cannot remember the ladies name  or what she called these balls.
However I can remember the measurements she gave made the smaller red ball. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get very much  in the gift box when finished. So I scaled it up a bit for the green ball. Again I felt this was still too small. I could probably get a  tightly rolled up pair of  men's socks  in  the green ball and  a small piece of jewellery in the red one. So I scaled it up again to make the blue one. Now this size would probably be a good size to fill with  individually wrapped  sweets or chocolates.
But I wanted it bigger still. So I scaled it up again. This time each face measured 2 inches square.  
 This gave me a much bigger ball, in which I could fit 5 or 6 bags of sweets and several lollipops. 
This large size uses a 12x12  sheet of card. 300gsm makes for a nice sturdy box.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to get a photograph the large one before giving it away.


 

No comments: