Sunday 14 May 2023

New home card. DIY, draw it yourself card.


Quite a few of my friends and family  have had the  moving house bug over the last year or so. 
I have found this quite frustrating from the card making stance. I don't seem to have any stamps suitable for that occasion.
 Disappointingly Stampin up don't and haven't sold a moving house stamp set for some years.

 Moving house is a momentous and very stressful occasion and needs to be marked with a card,  if not a huge moving in party, one where everyone brings a wallpaper scraper to strip the walls, while you serve wine and cheese. ha ha.
 I lived out of suitcase until I was 19, so I didn't have much to move when I settled into my first house, I'll call it a house rather than home as it was a very empty house and nothing like a home for some months.
 14 years and two children later, I moved to a bigger house and swore I was never moving again. 30 years on I'm still here.


Anyway out of frustration I decided to drawing some for the event.  Drawing is not one of my skills, but I thought I'd give it ago. I sketched out my rough design on a sheet of A4  paper in pencil almost filling the sheet.  I did a lot of rubbing out  at this stage. Once I was sort of happy I drew over the design with a  very fine pen and rubbed out my pencil lines.  I photo copied the drawing once to check my design. 
At this point I noticed a few bits I didn't  like, so with a correction pen I covered them over and re drew the offending article.
I  photocopied my image again reducing the size by around 40 percent.

I know the perspective is completely wrong, I know my boxes are wonky, but I really don't mind and I don't think anyone receiving one of these cards will mind too much.
  

No comments: