Sunday 29 May 2022

Inspiration is everywhere.


 Sometimes I'm asked where I get my inspiration and ideas from, my answer is everywhere. 
These cards are the perfect example of that. 
Last week while travelling on the motorway a van  delivering wine caught my eye. It had an attractive company design on the side, which got me wondering several things. First one being do I have a stamp suitable, two, which stampin up ink pad is closest to the colour on the van and three, could I reproduce the a similar design that would work on a card. 
Well I didn't have a grape stamp that would work, but I had a vine like leaf that may work. The above card was the result of playing with one leaf stamp from the autumn splendour stamp set, heat embossing it multiple times on white card, and using clear embossing powder. 
Then blending  a mix of blueberry bushel and soft succulent ink over the embossed card. 
The card below was made using the pieces I trimmed off the panel above. These would normally have gone straight in the bin.  But I had been watching a of lot videos on working with scraps, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's not my cup of tea, but it shows that you can make a half decent card out of the scraps that you would normally throw away.


And if you'd like to the design that captured my interest... Take a look at the back end of the truck in the photo below.

 


No comments: