Sunday 24 April 2022

The Swan from prince and princess hostess set.

I've been playing with the swan from the Prince and princess hostess stamp set again. I can't say this was the easiest of sets to work with, in fact it was pretty hard to get something  I was happy with. But I now have three cards to share.

Then it was difficult to finding a backing paper to go with the image. On this first  5x5 inch card I used stamps from the retired, Everything Eleanor  stamp set to stamp the background then blended ink over the top. 


For the second card  I stamped far less bulrushes and used the rose stamp to add a little more colour tto this card.

The backing paper I have had for years and years , it came free with a magazine, I didn't like it enough to use it.  but I thought it went okay with this image.


For the last card I chose some blue c gingham DSP, but I cut it the wrong size, so I edged the short sides with some night of navy , so the gap at the top and bottom wasn't quite so large. Then mounted it onto a  6x6 inch base card

No comments: