Tuesday 26 January 2021

Masculine card


I have had this Thanksgiving stamp set for some time, but have been putting off using it. 
Something told me that colouring this stamp was going to be  challenging.....And I wasn't wrong.
My first four attempts went in the bin and the stamp set almost followed them.

Then I had an idea to a use a chocolate chip stamp and write pen (water/dye based) to draw in all the dark feather markings before using my Copic markers to colour the image. 

Once coloured, I turned the card over and with a large ball tool and working on the cover of a leather bound diary, I rubbed over the bodies of the pheasants using small circular motions to make those breasts really pop out. Using a slightly smaller ball tool I ran it along the tail feathers, the neck and head for a partially embossed look. I am not sure how well it would stand up to the postal system though. So it might be best to hand deliver this one.


Copic markers bleed through the card, so when you turn the card over you can see exactly where to emboss.

I have to say I am  quite please with the way this turned out. I haven't added a greeting yet.
 I will decide on a greeting once I know who is going to receive it and what the occasion is. 

           I forgot to say this set is in the current catalogue.
 

No comments: