Monday 27 July 2020

Collage style card



I was watching a Facebook live hosted by Sarah Hardy a week or so ago and Sarah made a beautiful card that I wanted to try for myself.  Sarah is a very talented Stampin up demonstrator  and she makes the most wonderful cards.
During the fb live She reminded me that I used to make videos too.  I didn't make many because I had technology issues.  I was okay making the video but uploading it to my pc was a big problem. That was about 9 years ago and I haven't made a video since. 
Sarah suggested I start making them again so a week later I 've decided to reproduce her card using different stamp sets . There are a lot of techniques used in this  collage style card.
I left a week in between watching Sarah's video and making the card myself  because  I wanted to see just how much I remembered from her demo. The things you forget and the things you do differently make the card yours and not a direct copy.

 The first video  is just to show you how I did the colour wash it is not the piece I used on the card. I made the second video first then realised, I hadn't mentioned the washed background.



   I had a bit of a mishap towards the end and had to edit a section out. I think it would have been quicker to remake the video than edit it. But I stuck with it.  Once I had taken out the section and tried to upload the video to my blog , BUT....Blogger kept telling me the video was too large. Grrrrrrrr.  
 I  spent the next two days  trying out different programmes to find one that is simple to use and would  condense the video easily.  I managed it, but I really don't know how.

 Here are the  finished videos. 
 I don't have any editing skills so forgive my mistakes.   
 If I am honest I am really nervous about posting these videos. 
There are so many crafters making great videos that posting  this really scares me. 
Please be kind with your comments.


2 comments:

VeeCee said...

So glad you overcame your doubts etc about publishing this video. Both videos were well explained and the results were gorgeous.
I've always been unsure about bleaching out the inks but now I think I'll dabble and see what happens. Thank you and really hope you will make more videos in the future.

Laura said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment VeeCee. It really has made my day...no it's made my week. I am so glad you liked the videos and that they are informative enough to inspire you to try the bleaching technique.
Just experiment on scrap card first until you feel more confident using it.
Also experiment with bleach on scraps of coloured card too. Get to know how each colour of card reacts with the bleach..they dont all turn white. Happy bleaching lol and thank you again for your positive feedback... it really has made my week.