Sunday 6 January 2019

More Sympathy Cards


Unfortunately I have needed quite a few of this type pf card over the last  three months.. We've lost four members of the family in the last twelve months, three in the last 3 months.
Just when we thought that was it,  one of our lovely  friends lost her mum on New Years Eve,


So today I've been experimenting  with hot foiling on black card using white foil, a black laser printer and a laminater.

 Here is another version using the same stamps and sentiment. 
But I changed the colours,  the composition  and the shape of the sentiment on each card.
This one is hubby's preferred card of the day. But for me there is something not quite right about it, but I can't tell you what it is.





I thought I 'd try something different for the  black tent fold card and put a black insert with white text in it. 
I found a lovely poem and  a few words online for the insert,  Once I'd  printed them off on black paper  I then hot foiled it in white to match the sentiment in the front. 
Now I have to dig out my white gel pen so I can write out this card and get it in the post.

2 comments:

-Candi said...

Your cards are striking & lovely, I've never had much luck with the white foiling on black or colored cardstock. Could you share what brand of paper, foil, and laminator you used? Yours looks professionally done! Thank you in advance.

Laura said...

Hi Candi,
Many thanks for your lovely comment. The black paper I found in my stash..it was the only piece I had and I have no idea where it came from. What I can say is that it was a smooth very black paper/card. A lot of black card we buy these days tends to be quite course to the touch and not really black..more of a very dark grey. I don't have much luck foiling on this type of black. The white foil was unbranded. I bought it from a craft company here in the uk many years ago. Another tip I would give is before you print switch to printer setting to best print rather than normal. My laser printer has a temp control and I have it turned up to medium/ high. Sometimes I get misses in the foiling. When this happens I place a scrap of unused foil over the miss and run it through the laminater again, this usually fixes the miss.
Occasionally I get misses that I just cant fix and it ends up in the bin.
I think most of the problems are caused by the paper.
I hope you find this helpful... do let me know how you get on.

Laura x

Hope you find this helpful