Monday 26 March 2018

80th Birthday Card, Masculine

I received lovely email from an amazing lady called Josie, (in the USA) she was asking about an image I'd used on one of my cards.  I thought it would be helpful to send Josie a link to the website and the image.
While I was  on the Lili of the valley website a few digital stamps,.. kind of fell into my basket.
Here is one of the images I purchased that day.
This image is called put your feet up. I thought it would be perfect for my Dad's 80th Birthday on Saturday.
It's also reminiscent of a cake,  I made for his 65th birthday party, but that's another story.
The background paper was a sheet of  beige scrapbook paper with a linen texture printed on it.

I stamped over it with time related stamps and Early Espresso ink.

I cut a circular  aperture in the  bottom half of the background paper,   then  I cut a second slightly smaller aperture  in black card and stuck it  behind the background paper to give a very thin black frame.

The next bit was the trickiest bit for me.  I am not brilliant with  computers,  so trying to work out how to write in a circle, with the word at the bottom the right way up took me  hours. If that wasn't bad enough,  I also had to make sure it fitted in the aperture.

Once that was sorted out the rest was  pretty easy.

It was just a case of colouring the image, adding some photo corners and mounting it onto several layers of suitable card and paper.

I added some die cut cogs for  balance,  it looked a little top heavy without them.

I used Almost Navy card stock as a base, before mounting it onto a white  8x6 inch  card base.

The  last thing to do was the insert.

I printed off the greeting on A4 paper folded it in half and trimmed it to fit.

I stamped the clock face and quote on the left side of the insert to add  some interest.
With Versamark Ink... (a clean pad) I stamped  cogs all over the insert to give a watermark effect before sticking the insert in.



Thanks to Josie for the email that sent me back to lotv website.  I would have been struggling for an idea for my Dad's card if I hadn't visited the site.

And Josie
I will be answering your most recent email  soon.


No comments: