I am not really sure about this one. It started out as an experiment to see how the dancing female looked as a silhouette.
Marina Mist ink pad.
Midnight Muse ink pad,
Night of Navy ink pad,
Black pigment ink such as S.U 's black craft ink or black Versacolor,
White Gel pen,
Black marker pen.
Beautiful you Stamp set,
Pocket silhouettes stamp set,
Sponge daubers. Post it notes.
1 1/2 inch Circle punch or die to create a positive and negative mask for moon.
First I punched out a large circle from a post it note and used the negative to mask off the sky around the moon.
With a sponge dauber and light strokes, I applied a little ink through the aperture to add a little colour to the moon.
I removed the negative mask and covered the moon with the positive mask to protect it.
With Marina Mist ink and the same sponge dauber, start sponging the sky, starting ON the moon mask working outwards towards the edges.
You'll need to take your time this part and you will need to keep applying the lighter ink until you have the good coverage over the majority of the card.
Using Night of Navy ink and a sponge dauber, apply ink to the edges of the card working inwards, about 3/4 s of an inch. Start inking from the bottom of one side working uo the side , along the top and down the other side in a rough arch shape. Leave the bottom edge un inked.
The Midnight Muse ink was used in between the Night of Navy and Marina Mist to soft and blend where the colours meet. This does not have to be perfectly blended, just so long as there are no hard, straight lines of colour.
Place a post it note over the bottom third of the card and apply Night of Nay ink with a dauber over the edge of the post it to create the horizon.
You may notice a dark patch on the left of the photo below. This because I picked up my black dauber instead of the navy one. Rather than scrap my sample piece, I decided to carry on and see how it turned out.
Remove the moon mask and with a black Memento ink stamped the lady in the centre. I used Memento ink as I will be using alcohol marker to colour the image in and I don't want the ink to smudge.
On this sample I stamped her a little higher than I wanted her, which meant I had to raise my horizon line a little.
Which just goes to proves, most errors can be rectified.
Using silhouette foliage stamps and black pigment ink, ( such as S.U's black craft ink or Versacolour ) stamp some foliage in the bottom corners.
Allow the ink to dry thoroughly this may take some time as pigment inks are much slower drying, but this can be speeded up with a heat gun.
I previously said, I used a black marker to colour in the stamped image on my first card. On this sample I used Copic Marker BV29 (Slate) , It is not as strong or as intense as black so it almost looks like the moonlight is shining through her skirt.
A little black ink was added to the bottom corners to give the impression of solid land.
Final touches were added using a white gel pen was used to add highlights on the edges of leaves, the lady and to create the stars and ripples on the water. These are just random dots and dashes, but they really lift the scene.
Photo's now added to help you make sense of my ramblings.
Thanks for dropping in. I hope you like this project and give it a try.
Don't forget to....Credit the creator.