Friday 15 June 2018

Summer by the Sea

Here's a set I didn't buy when I first joined S.U and wished I had after it retired.

 Last week I put out an ISO post on an S.U  FB page and low and behold a lady  contacted me  saying she had the set and was willing to sell it.

Before this set retired
there was so much more in the catalogues that I wanted that I let this one slip away. Until now that is.


Since this set arrived I have had some playtime and coloured quite a few images and made a few cards  using the images in the set.
I think for most people the images that draw most people to this set are of the couple and the young girl. But for me it was the guy sat on the boat dipping his toes in the water while the world drifts quietly by.                                                   


The image of the young lad appealed to me,  as we have more boys in the family than girls, this stamp will be very useful for me.

I combined this image with a very old Spellbinder die of a bucket and spade.





Anyone that knows me , knows I don't like yellow. So I really don't know why I chose yellow to colour this image yellow.
To my surprise I actually liked the way this turned out.

The background stripe was created by inking up the inside of a stripy embossing folder, placing a piece of white card stock inside and running it through the bigshot.

2 comments:

Deirdre Lee said...

Yes i agree. It is a lovely set & you have done it credit. They are a lovely set of cards.

Laura said...

Thank You Deirdre. x