Wednesday 2 May 2018

Remarkable You. Magnolia.

This is  another of the stamps in the "Remarkable You" set that took me a year to notice in the catalogue.  I think this flower is a Magnolia bloom.  I went a little mad with the colouring of this bloom and coloured more  of it than I intended.

I posted  this on social media and had a few questions on how I made this, so I have decided to add a few more pictures to this post with a few instructions.



1.Start by cutting one large circle. I used Nellie's  double stitched frame dies.






 2.Using a smaller die cut a chunk out of the side of the large circle.


3. With the same small die cut small circle.  This circle slots into the cut out perfectly.
 To layer.
4. Using  two more  circle dies, just  one size down repeat the process taking care to take the same size chunk out of the larger circle. You probably won't get a perfectly even mount all round the little curve,  but it should be very close.

No comments: