Saturday 4 November 2017

Small square aperture card


I have been making a couple of embroidered cards this week so die cutting the fabric and sticking the onto a card was not an option.  
                                          For a professional look,   all the raw fabric edges need to be concealed within the card.

So I thought I 'd share how I make my small  square aperture cards for embroidered pieces. Although I will be using an image on card stock rather than a piece of embroidery. 

Taking an  A4 sheet of card stock place it in your paper trimmer length ways and cut off a strip  3  7/8" ths  wide by the whole length of the card.


Then turn it sideways and score at  3 7/8ths fold on the score line and score again at 3 7/8ths.  You should have 3 panels all measuring 3 7/8 square. 




Place a die in the centre of the central panel and run it through your die cutting machine.

Remove the die and the cut out piece.


 







If desired you can now stamp the front middle panel.
Here I used the Serene Snowflakes stamp set and white craft ink.







Once the ink is dry adhere the embroidered piece to the inside of the middle panel. I recommend using a dry glue like fast fuse to adhere the fabric as you will be able to re position the fabric to get the framing of your work perfect.

Apply a  thin line wet glue like Tom Bow around the edges of the middle panel and along the edges of the fabric, then fold the right side panel  (Looking  at it from the front) over to conceal the back of the fabric.



No comments: