Saturday 27 May 2017

Sympathy Card

 This car was made because  I needed a sympathy card for a friend this week.
I have owned the Spellbinder "Reflective Moments"  die for quite a while and hadn't got round to using it until now.

DIES USED.
Heartfelt Creations die "Delicate Asters" to create the flower  focal point.  Spellbinder's "Reflective Moments" for the base card.

This card is a little different from my usual style and I was a little worried it may not be suitable for the occasion after hubby said it was too fussy.
So I posted a picture on a facebook card making page I am a member of.


I was astounded when it got well over four hundred likes and lots of  truly wonderful comments from the other members.
Of course there were  two or three negative comments. But I can live with that..  We don't all have the same taste after all.
 Amongst all those comments were a few questions,   this post will answer all the questions.
I forgot to take photo's of the construction of the original card, so I have done a mock up in pink to show you the steps in part.


                   For this card to stand well you either need to use a heavy weight card stock for the front and back  die cuts...  or....if you only have thin card,  cut out twice as many as you need and stick the layers together for strength.
I recommend using the extra wide double sided tape to the back of two sheets of card BEFORE you die cut it.   It makes sticking all those skinny scrolls together a cinch.

The next step was to cut  a piece of card twice the length of the solid centre panel and exactly the same width.
9 7/8" x  4 7/8"    scored at 4  7/8ths.


Fold the card on the the score line, apply adhesive to one half and  adhere to the back of the die cut lining up the edges with the edges of the centre panel.

Repeat on the back of the card if you wish. The card will stand perfectly well even without the die cut on the back (see photo above).

Cut some layers for the front panel and decorate anyway you like.
I chose to use the aster die and inked the edges after cutting to give more dimension to the flowers.




1 comment:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Stunning cards Laura and the surrounding die cut looks amazing. Sandra x