Friday 5 May 2017

Hubby's Birthday Card This Year.


This is a design I saw on Facebook and loved it.
Just perfect for hubby's birthday this year.
I changed the colours and used patterned paper for the background.
The toilet roll was made by tightly rolling up a long strip of  foiled card  for the holder and glued down the end.

I cut a long strip of   off white textured card  slightly narrower than the silver roll and wound it tightly around the centre of the silver  roll applying a little glue.
to stop the the roll from unravelling.

Using a  1/4" circle punch,
I cut two silver circles and glued one to each end of the silver roll to complete the look of the toilet roll.

Here's hoping he  likes this one.

3 comments:

Angel On The Edge said...

Made a card like this a couple of years ago, never thought of using rolled up foil card for the holder!! Looks fab, xx

Linda Parker said...

It's a brilliant card Mandy - I am so CASING it for my son's birthday and will be crediting you xxxxx

Laura said...

Ha ha Linda Parker, so glad you like the card and will be CASING it, but please credit me not Mandy, LOL.

Laura. xxx