Thursday 2 March 2017

French Foliage Sympathy Card.

This is the fourth card of this type I have needed this year and we're only just in March..
To make this card,  I used post it notes to mask off the either side of the card,  leaving a strip of card about an inch and three quarters wide exposed.
Using sponge daubers I applied random patches of Stampin' Up's Hello Honey and Mellow Moss ink .
Once all the white area of card was completely covered in ink, I stamped the text in chocolate chip ink all over the sponged area. Then I stamped the darker ink splats over the
sponged area..
I changed the ink pad to Early Espresso,  removed the post it  note from the right side of the card  and stamped the leaves over the same areas  I stamped previously.
 The leafy stamp set is called " French Foliage". It is a retired stamp set now.

As I was NOT working on good quality stamping card,  I had to wait quite a while for the inks to dry thoroughly before continuing with the next step.  (this is attempt 3 because I didn't wait long enough on the earlier cards)

The sentiment. ... I have to say,  I had trouble getting the "So Sorry" straight on this card. This maybe because I have been a little stressed out of late and unable to concentrate fully. But that's another story.
I drew a fine pencil line across the card where I wanted my "So Sorry" to go and used the stamp a majig to line up  card.the sentiment. This too took sometime time dry.
 I  used the splatter stamp again  this time with Sahara Sands ink and stamped a few splatters on the white section, ....not because it I thought it would enhance the card, but to hide a very small smudge under the sorry. This tiny little mark  stood out like a sore thumb on the starkness of the white.
The splatters hide it perfectly. So nobody will ever know it's there.....unless of course,  YOU tell them.



No comments: