Monday 11 May 2015

Another Gift Bag




I found a tutorial on Youtube for this little gift bag and decided to have a go at making it myself. I don't know the  lady's name and I am not 100% sure of  her website name but I think it was  called something like paper buttons,  if you want to check out her video.

I  chose to use Stampin' up's  card stock and the designer series paper in Blushing Bride. 
It's my new favourite colour.






                        

 The bag is made from one and a half sheets of  12x12 cardstock 
 One sheet of the coordinating designer series paper for decorating,
 A sheet of white card stock to punch out the flower shapes and tag. 
Plus two lengths of ribbon for the handles.
I also used a scrap of glimmer paper for the center of the flower and to cover the button.


I followed the video tutorial step by step until I got to the end panels. Where I added some extra score lines.

 I scored lines on the  end panels, in an upside down Y shape to make the closing of the bag easier,  it looks  a little neater than the crumpled folds that form when you close the bag without scoring.

This is a really sturdy little bag when made up and it will hold about six cards and envelopes.
I am thinking this  bag filled with handmade colour coordinated cards would make a lovely gift.

Now for my confession this particular bag will never be gifted. As I was attaching the tag I dropped it .....on to an open black ink pad  so there is black  ink on the base, the back and both the ribbon handles.

No comments: