Sunday, 19 April 2015

A Little Experiment.

 Yesterday we had a visit  from my arty brother. We haven't seen him for a while so I asked him if wanted a tour of my craft room and see some of my tools and gadgets.
 During this quick tour I remembered my Gelli Plate and decided to give him a quick demo.

 I am ashamed to say, I bought this plate over a year ago.  I  used shortly after it arrived then packed it away and forgot about it.
 So this morning I decide to have a try out an idea I had and this is the result.  

It was just an experiment so I made a very simple card to show off this technique rather than something fussy with lots of embellishments.

Here's how I created the background paper. 

Using a brayer I applied Stampin' up's Cherry cobbler ink all over the Gelli Plate, making sure the coat of ink was even. 
 Then I took a large background stamp from Stampin up called  " Something Lacey "  and without inking it and making sure it was completely clean and dry .  I stamped in the centre of the Gelli plate.  The idea of this is, that the dry stamp will lift the ink from the Gelli Plate to give you a negative image of the stamp.

 After a moment or two I lifted the stamp off and placed a sheet of card over the Gelli Plate and smoothed it over the Gellie plate and left it for a few moments  to absorb the ink from the plate. 

 Meanwhile I inked up the same stamp again in cherry cobbler ink, lightly stamped off the image on scrap paper, then stamped it again onto my white card stock.

I then peeled the card stock from the Gelli Plate  to reveal the negative image.
I trimmed back the stamped image and saved the off cuts to stamp my sentiment on. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your technique. I'm loving using Gelli Plates but hadn't thought of using our SU inks to do. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.