Sunday 15 March 2015

Vintage Mother's Day Card

Okay, this was a last minute card and it 's still waiting for it's insert  which needs to be done as soon as I have finished writing up this post. So I'll make this a quick one.

I don't usually use ribbon flowers for my cards but as I left it so late to make this card I had to cheat a little.

I chose to do a vintage style Mother's day card for my Mother in Law,  she is 93 years old, so I'd say she is vintage too. 

I know she won't mind me saying that,  she has an amazing sense of humour. Probably due to raising my husband, who is very much the comic.
I love making cards for her, she appreciates them and work that has gone into them so much. It makes it all worth while. I do hope  she likes this one.

I used the Spellbinder Envelope  corner die  to  cut two corners  in cream card and glued them onto a cream card square, then I lightly sponged over the entire background using soft suede ink from Stampin' up . 
The sentiment is from the  stamp set "Occasional Greetings"  I think. 
It's a retired stamp set but it still comes in very handy.

 I die cut the circles for the sentiment/ layers  and cut the butterflies,   inked the edges with soft suede ink and a  sponge,   stamped the greeting and assembled all the layers. 
Lastly I added the  flower and butterfly.

No comments: