Sunday 15 March 2015

Toffee & White Gingham Baby Throw.


 Here is a little creation that has been keeping me away from card  making of late. 
I intended  to give it as a gift, but I am not 100% happy with it so it may end up as a throw on the sofa for those colder evenings.




I had a little trouble getting the camera to show it in it's true colour.  I think the closest it came was in this photo of the little boy tying his shoelaces.





                                                                                

Patchwork and Quilting are relatively new to me. 
I tried both for the first time two years ago .
I have never been into patchwork because I have never liked  the look of finished items.
But I so wanted to use these Red work designs and that meant patchwork.
I've been  watching video s on Youtube on patchwork and quilting and  I have to say the whole thing is growing on me. 


There are many very talented ladies out there making the most beautiful quilts and patchwork bed throw it astounds me. 

I especially love the quilts the ladies in the USA create. 
Their  workmanship and designs are stunning.

I still have a long way to go and lots to learn about quilting and patchwork.  So for now it's keep it simple  and keep watching  youtube for  techniques and ideas and keep practising.

No comments: