Wednesday 10 September 2014

Traveller Meets World Map

The ship on this card was going to be in a circle on this base card.
 But I kind if misjudged my paper size then I messed up my inked background. 

Rather than start again, it was a case of how much of my work could I salvage.
Out came the circle dies  and I managed to save enough of my work to to create this corner section. So then I needed to fill the dead space on the card.
What better than the world map background stamp.
 I heat embossed the map with black embossing powder and sponged ink over it with Old olive , Bashful blue and Hello honey  inks. 
Then I  did  the same with the sentiment.

I used very thin foam pads to raise the ship from the background slightly but I stuck the sentiment  directly onto the background with Tombow glue.Then mounted the piece of work onto brown card and then onto my base card of Hello Honey cardstock.

I forgot to say the ship is from the New 2015  Stampin Up Catalogue and the set is called Traveler. Yep!  you read that right,  it is Traveler with One L.
 I do find these spelling differences  very  annoying as I have to remember to spell things wrong.
 You'd think they'd change the spelling for the English market.  
Time to take the dogs out now so Cheerio until next time . LOL.

No comments: