Sunday 23 February 2014

World Map Card.

Today I went on the Stampin' Up demonstrators web site and came across a card made by Julie Gearinger which I thought  was great. 

(I don't visit the website very often as I know it will take up most of my day.)

 As you have probably know when I come across a card I love I have to have a go at re producing it and today was no exception.
Julie's card  had different background  paper and she used slightly different colour inks. I didn't have all the inks or the paper she used so I had to improvise.
Julie also added hemp string to hers. 
I didn't notice the string on hers immediately and figured if I didn't notice it, maybe other people wouldn't notice it immediately. So I didn't  put it on at all.


Also I didn't distress the edges as much as she did.
Julie has a tutorial on her blog if you would like to  re produce her work shoot over to her blog and take a look. She also has  a large collection of AMAZING card she has made.

 I have to say once my card was finished, I couldn't help feeling a little bit disappointed by it.  I  think it feels dark and gloomy rather bright and cheery.
This one is going to my brother I do hope he likes it.

No comments: