Sunday 9 February 2014

Hearts and Flowers Card in a box


 I am not really one for this type of card  Sharon another S.U Demo sent me a photo of one she had made and it looked great.
I thought I would like to have a go at making one.

Then I found Victoria McLafferty's  video on constructing the card in a box.
I went straight to my craft room and made one. 
(NOT this ONE I can't feature the one I made just yet but Next week I will be able to.)

Today I made this floral  version.  
I used the flower from the morning meadow stamp set a selection of ink pads and the corresponding punch to create the flowers.
I then stuck each flower to a narrow strip of 
stiff ish  acetate and added leaves.
The leaves were punched using the three petal punch and Gumball green card stock.

The Mini heart punch  and a small amount of glimmer paper  both from S.U.  were used to make the little hearts,  again each heart was stuck to the end of a narrow strip of acetate.





After making the box following Victoria's instructions.

  https://www.facebook.com/VeryVictoriaCrafts 


I began sticking the flowers to the bridges inside the box then added the hearts. 
This can be  a little bit fiddly but worth the effort.


I almost forgot to say this card fold flat so it will fit in an envelope. 

You do have to be careful not to have too much sticking out the sides of the box when it's folded. or it won't fit into a standard size envelope.  
This won't be a problem if you own the envelope punch board though as you can make the envelope to fit the card.







No comments: