I had a little sort of my stamp drawers and found this set of stamps.
I bought these gorgeous mouse stamps many years ago and have never got round to using them. I think they are from craft companions but I can't remember what the set was called.
There was also a CD or DVD that you could purchase to go with them. If I recall the CD had scenes on that you could print off to use as backgrounds for these mice. Yep! I bought that too.
Here are two tunnel cards I have created over the last couple of nights that I have been unable to sleep.
The tunnel is created by scoring and folding every 1/2 inch on the side panels (3 of navy top and sides and one white the base) to form a concertina and then interlocked the sides with the ends.
Once the concertina frame was formed I sponged some whisper white card stock ( the same size as the overall frame) with daffodil delight ink in the area I thought the lantern would hang. (This will be the background.)
Once happy with the effect I stamped the large group of trees from the " Lovely as a tree" (stamp set from Stampin Up) in black ink and then again in white ink, almost directly over the black image to give the trees a frosted look. I then cut a frame and stamped it with white snow flakes from the serene snowflake stamp set again from S.U but it is now retired.
For the larger card I took a different tack and cut a piece of navy card ( the same size as the overall frame) and stamped snowflakes with white craft ink then mounted the frame onto the background.
I cut some snow drifts in differing depths and slotted them in between the ridges of the concertinaed base.
The Mouse family were stamped, then coloured in with markers and then cut out.
I left a white tab about 1 cm square at the foot of each mouse for glue. I placed a small amount of glue on the front of the tabs and positioned the the characters tabs behind the snow drifts making sure the feet were in line with the top of the snow drift they were standing on. Without this tab you would have to glue the the back of the shoes and stick them to the front of the drift. As the shoes are so tiny they may not support the characters as well as the larger gluing area of the tab.
I made a navy frame and stamped it with snowflakes in white ink. While the white ink was drying I cut a sheet of sheet of acetate the same size as the overall frame and stamped white snowflakes over the top half of the acetate using white Stazon ink. (As it will not rub off or smudge once it is dry.)
The acetate was then stuck over the aperture of the card and the snowflake frame stuck on top.
I guess with this one I could have added some glitter and turned it into a shaker card. But I thought it may have been a little too much.
When complete I made a book style cover for the framed scene to go in . No photo Because I haven't decorated it yet.