Tuesday 10 September 2013

Wetlands Card.

Here we have another card I have CASED from the very talented Brenda Keenan.
Brenda  has made a video on the making of this card and you can see it on You Tube.

I stamped a bit more greenery on mine to hide a couple of  ink spots that were not meant  to be there.
I must admit this took me about three attempts  as I kept putting my inky fingers in just the wrong place or I smudged  the greeting and I ruined the whole thing. But I persevered until I ended up with one that was acceptable.

 If you have the Wetlands stamp set from Stampin' Up have a go at this one.
You  need five ink pads:  soft sky,  old olive, pacific point, crumb cake and black Stazon.
Sponge or sponge daubers.
Whisper white, pacific point and crumb cake card stock.
Markers  in crumb cake and soft suede to colour the birds.(Brenda used just the crumb cake marker but I added a few dots of soft suede  in the darker areas.)
The wetland stamp set,
and some linen thread.
Post it notes for masking or a sheet of  paper and the two way glue pen.
I used a white gel pen to add white under carriages  and highlights on the birds.

No comments: