Independent stampin' up! demonstrator uk, Handmade cards, Rubber stamping, stamping techniques, card making ideas, Stampin' up Catalogue, Stampin' up 2016/2017, card making inspiration, scrapbooking, papercrafts.
Friday, 10 August 2012
Burnt Edge Flowers
I was so looking forward to the summer holidays this year. Six whole weeks to go through the house doing a summer clean and clear out. All was going well until I fell down the stairs and injured my ankle and the big toe on the other foot.
I didn't bother going to hospital as I could still walk .
The next day however, my ankle had swollen so much the skin started peeling off, so off to hospital I went. I came home with crutches and a dazzling white plaster cast on my leg/foot. No more cleaning and clearing out for me for a while.... (I guess that's the house saying it doesn't want me to get rid of too much Alan!!!! Sorry Darling.
I was feeling angry with myself for having had such a stupid accident. Anger is not good for my creative mojo, combined with crutches and a plaster has meant crafting has been the last thing on my mind.
The plaster came off the day before my birthday in favour of a sexy black inflatable ski boot. YAY!!!! I can walk without crutches. My whole attitude has changed . Okay, so I can't run a marathon but then I couldn't before the plaster/ boot went on. lol But I can walk round the house comfortably now. Which is an awful lot easier than hopping and dodging the dogs on crutches.
Today I decided to get back in the craft room.
Here are the flowers I created using the largest flower on the fun flowers die. I cut 6 flowers at a time from dusky pink dress lining fabric and about 8 from the brown organza. I cut 2 of the small flowers from each fabric using the smaller flower on the same die. These smaller flowers I used as the centre petals.
Moving to the kitchen.... as I don't want to start a fire in the craftroom. I lit a candle and proceeded to hold each flower over the flame just long enough to melt and slightly curl the edges of each petal.
Once all the petals were burnt I layered them up and and ran a just a few stitched through the centre of the whole stack and secured the stitches at the base. Using a hot glue gun I placed a small dot of hot glue in the centre of each flower and added the pearl and diamonte button.
I have something in mind for these flowers, but can't say too much about just yet.