Tuesday 28 August 2012

Emma 's Birthday Cake.

 
 Just   a quick update on stamping on icing.  I did decided to give this a whirl on the dress of this Barbie cake I made for my son's partner Emma.

I was pleased with the way it turned out and I think Emma liked it too. The strange thing was she had no idea that I was making her a cake let alone what the theme for my cake was.   So when she turned up wearing a Barbie T shirt all we could do was laugh.

The cake was a rich chocolate sponge with lots of chocolate/ cream cheese  cream inside.

I tiled the cake board to give the impression of a floor and painted marbling on the tiles with a little food colouring. I used  Stampin' up s grosgrain to edge the board.

 After stamping the flourish  image from Stampin' up's Creative elements s randomly over the icing,  I stuck loads of little sugar pearls  over the skirt.  The whole the  thing took me three days to complete.  But I did bake  two batches of cakes as I wasn't happy with the first batch and there was an awful lot of cleaning and sterilizing tools and stamps  going on in between.

 And here is the Birthday girl herself moment s after the waitress brought  the cake over to our table.                She really didn't want to cut the cake. Reluctantly she did.

Happy Birthday Emma!! 
 We hope you have had a Great Day.

No comments: