Tuesday, 10 April 2012

New Baby. A card for a boy called Ioan

First I must apologize for the dreadful photography on this one but I was in a rush to get this one in the post this morning. So cardboard box had to do for the background.

I said I had had a busy morning, this is the second project I had to complete before lunch today.

This card is far easier and quicker to make than you may think. I was  a little disappointed at how quick it was and felt like I hadn't actually worked at this one at all. So I decided to decorated the inside and the back too.

The inking around the edges is not as obvious on the  actual card but  some reason in these photos it does stand out more. I used the baby tees wheel stamp and cut out the romper suit leaving  a good half inch of paper  above the sleeves , I then scored along the  shoulder/ sleeve line and folded the  excess paper over the coat hanger and stuck it down over the hanger with a foam pad.
The coat hanger I made from a paper clip using jewelers round nose pliers. I  rubbed the hanger over  a Versamark pad and dipped it in white embossing powder and heated with a heat gun. The  brads / paper fasteners for the drawer and door handles  were treated the same way.

No comments: