Sunday 29 April 2012

Name badge.

What  a busy day it's been,  it began with a very early start for a Saturday that is , would you believe I was out traipsing across a farmers field at 7.30 with my hubby and the dogs. I really wanted Molly to have a good walk before I went off to the Stampin'up regional training in Reading, an event I look forward.
This year  we had to make our own name badges and a project  using our purchase from the new summer mini catalogue, which comes out on on Tuesday.

I really found these projects difficult because I seemed to have lost my crafting mojo since I injured my neck a few weeks ago. I was starting to stress out over doing these projects until Thursday night when I came up with this idea for a name badge. It was inspired by a stack of beer mats I had started to cover with the intention of turning them into a mini scrapbook.
Once I had completed the centre I felt it looked unfinished which is when I came  up with the idea to mount it onto an oval shaped fan base.  This seemed to give it the frame it needed. I was pleased with the result and it did get a few lovely comments from other demontrators.
I used the five pettal flower punch  and punched 5 flowers and rounded off the tips before curling,  daubing and assembling the flower. The card is Rich Razzlebury daubed with bravo burgundy,  crumb cake DSP and a tiny piece of old olive  which again was lightly daubed with bravo burgundy. I used the Baroque Motif stamp set to stamp the background flourish.  I added a few sparkles and a smal lace knot to finish it off.
I am very ,very tired now so I am off to bed I will post my mini scrapbook page tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lesley Lendon said...

Fabulous badge Laura and all your other creations too. Lovely to have met you.x