Sunday, 29 April 2012
I really found these projects difficult because I seemed to have lost my crafting mojo since I injured my neck a few weeks ago. I was starting to stress out over doing these projects until Thursday night when I came up with this idea for a name badge. It was inspired by a stack of beer mats I had started to cover with the intention of turning them into a mini scrapbook.
Once I had completed the centre I felt it looked unfinished which is when I came up with the idea to mount it onto an oval shaped fan base. This seemed to give it the frame it needed. I was pleased with the result and it did get a few lovely comments from other demontrators.
I used the five pettal flower punch and punched 5 flowers and rounded off the tips before curling, daubing and assembling the flower. The card is Rich Razzlebury daubed with bravo burgundy, crumb cake DSP and a tiny piece of old olive which again was lightly daubed with bravo burgundy. I used the Baroque Motif stamp set to stamp the background flourish. I added a few sparkles and a smal lace knot to finish it off.
I am very ,very tired now so I am off to bed I will post my mini scrapbook page tomorrow.