Sunday 29 April 2012

Mini scrapbookpage


This is my mini scrapbook page using a stamp set from the new mini catalogue coming out on Tuesday.It's called Open Sea. and is a lovely stamp set for the men in your life.                            Here I have decorated my page with three of the stamps in the set, there is  a lovely stamp of a ship which I didn't use as I didn't have room for it  on this page.   
I have a passion for vintage looking scrapbook pages so this stamp set works well with my style of scrapbooking. I just wish I had more time for scrapbooking. 
  I do wish I had printed  off his name rather write it and added a title but in my rush to get this finished for  Saturday these things got left off. This page has now become the property of stampin' up.
Perhaps I will  do it again but with the missing elements.                         
 I used a photo of my grandfather's brother Harry, who  spent many years in the navy as my focal point. I used very vanilla, early expresso and crumb cake card stock along with  some DPS in crumb cake . I gold embossed the edges of the card  dark stock and daubed the edges of the DSP and lighter card stock.

2 comments:

Lesley Lendon said...

Super page! You need to make your own copy.x

Laura said...

Thank You Lesley. I was great to meet you too. Thanks for the advice. Laura