Sunday 10 April 2011

Matthews 18th

This easle card was made for the son of an old school friend. Who happens to be into sailing and I believe is well on his way to being a Marine. I used the sail away stamp in the a la carte range in Stampin' up's mini catalogue. This card measures 8"X 8" so it is quite large. I had to remove some of the ink from the hull of the boat before I stamped this as I wanted a splash of red on this card. Lots of daubing, paper tearing, matting and layering went into this card. There are two hidden pockets. One of which has tag with a greeting on and the other has a tag for the sender ( in this case, Mum) to write their own greeting on. This card used four sheets of black card one sheet of 12"x12" card in crumb cake, four sheets of whisper white card stock, and that's not counting the pieces I messed up on and had to do again , lol.I used a pair shoe laces for the knot. Click on pictures for a more detailed view. I cannot take all the credit for this card as it was inspired by a card I saw on an Australian demonstrators website.

No comments: