Thursday 20 January 2011

Autumn card

I have been doing a bit of a blog hop today and I discovered some really lovely cards, now don't ask me the blogs I went on because I have absolutely no idea. I can tell you they were in the main American sites. Some of these ladies make the most amazing cards and fortunately Stampin' Up like their demonstrators to copy and share everything.... C.A.S.E for short.
So that is what I have done today.
If you are one of the original creators of one of my cased cards. I have to say thank you for sharing and I love your cards.

We in the UK don't have the full range of Stampin'up products, so sometimes we have to use substitute stamps and products.

I have changed parts of some cards for that reason. Probably just as well we don't have the full range here, I'd go bankrupt. lol.
Anyway for this card I used the autumn splendour, perfect punches stamp set and the large oval punch.
Inks, so saffron, pumpkin pie, red riding hood, bravo burgundy and old olive to randomly stamp the leaves.
For the hinged edge I screwed up a piece of burgundy card stock over and over again until it was really wrinkled. I then smoothed it out and peeled the card layers apart . This left me with two pieces of card that looked alot like suede. I took the red riding hood ink pad and rubbed it all over the suede side of my card . I tore one edge and cut the other three to fit my card.

No comments: