Friday 1 October 2010

Laura's Cupcakes

I have always said I am never going to put my cakes on my blog and here I am doing just that. Here are a few of the cupcakes I made for my mother in laws 90th birthday.
But I spent an age making all the flowers, butterflies and glittery hearts and it seemed a shame not to show you.
Some were chocolate sponge which were very rich and chocolatey and the others were coconut sponge. I used Betty Crockers chocolate fudge frosting for the chocolate cupcakes. For the coconut cupcakes. I made a frosting using mascapone cheese, which was absolutely gorgeous.
Fortunately, I had made more than I needed, which was just as well as the guests were not satisfied with just one.
At the end of the day the guests were forming a queue to take some home.... A compliment if ever there was.

You can't see it in these pictures, (unless you click on the photo for a larger view and then click on the new photo that pops up.) but all the cakes had a dusting of edible glitter. Which I have to say may be edible but it certainly is NOT digestable.... the result being, .... sparkly poohs the next day.

I am afraid the photo has a pink tinge to it as we were in a red gazebo.

No comments: