Tuesday 28 September 2010

Christmas easle card



This was a bit of an experiment really.

The bauble.

I used my largest circle punch to punch a hole in some scrap card and used the hole in the card as a stencil. I took a dauber and real red ink pad and daubed the outside edges of the circle working my way into the middle. I wanted the colour at the edge to be much stronger than in the centre.

I removed my stencil and dried the ink with a heat tool.I then stamped the snowflakes with versamark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder. Using my large circle punch again I punched out the bauble and mounted it onto green card which I had stamped with a pine needle stamp and glittered using a quickie glue pen and stampin up's green glitter.

Added a red bow and mounted onto red plaid paper then onto greencard then onto my easle card base.

Of course you could just ink the edges of the circle you punched out at the begining with your dauber.

My original intention was not to punch it out the end. I intended to stamp my pine branch directly onto the same piece of card as the bauble, but for reasons only known to me, I changed my mind.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

No comments: