Sunday 25 July 2010

Cheers to you Trinity


During my visit to the Newbury show this year I discovered Hot foiling using an extra hot laminator, a laser printer and toner foil. This got me really excited but I didn't have a laser printer. After days of research I bought a laser printer, just a cheap one and some toner foil and thought I would have a go with my laminator before buying the laminator I saw at the show. Much to my surprise and delight it worked.
You can guess how chuffed I was at not having to pay out £140.00 for a laminator. I have read that a domestic iron works for this technique. I haven't tried this, but I have the feeling it may buckle the paper. maybe I will try it next time I do the ironing. I 'll let you know the results.
For this card I used Stampin up stamp set Cheers to you , pretty in pink and bashful blue ink with an aqua painter brush to colour in the glasses.
Anyway I do hope Trinity doesn't visit my blog before her birthday or she will see her card.

No comments: