Saturday 1 May 2010

Jelly Bean Card

This card was a lot quicker and simpler to make than you may at first think.
When I first saw this set of stamps from Stampin up I was not at all impressed with the small stamps in the collection. Then I started to play with the jelly bean and 5 different colour inks and this is what I ended up with. I was really quite pleased with this.
The pale purple and reddy pink colours I achieved by stamping twice without re inking the stamp between impressions.
I started with a three fold card which I had stamped then I used stampin up's largest circle punch to make the holes for the plastic cup (these are featured in the mini catalogue) I used double sided tape along the two long inside front edges and ONE of the short inside edges of the card to form a pocket.
And then I attached the self adhesive cup to the front of the card.
I made a book mark about 2" wide and about 5" long to slide into the pocket to seal the back of the cup and stop the contents of the cup from spilling out.
I Cut a strip of jelly bean stamped card and a red strip of card (slightly wider) and punched the holes making sure that the card layers and the holes all lined up perfectly. I applied double sided tape and positioned both layers over the cup to conceal the cup mounting. I then stamped and punched out my greeting and mounted it onto foam pads before sticking it onto my card. Then all that was left to do was to persuade my sweet, sweet loving husband to go to Ma humbugs for some gourmet jelly beans . These are smaller than standard jelly beans and look far better in these little cups.

No comments: